Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bread Sticks and Jambalaya

Richard and Christy stopped in for short while on their way back to Utah. I wore myself out and made them a yummy dinner/lunch for them. It was so good that I think I need to share recipes!

Anne Anderson's Bread Sticks (my neighbor, not my sister)
1 T yeast
2 T sugar
1 1/2 c water (warm, not hot)
Mix and let stand 10 min.
Add:
3-3 1/2 c flour (add until not too sticky)
1 t salt
Let rise until double in size.
Roll out dough & cut into long strips with pizza cutter. Roll strips on melted butter and twist. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese & garlic salt . Let raise in WARM oven 10 min. Bake at 400 for 15-20 min.

Jambalaya
2 onions
2 bell peppers
Chop, and saute in oil until soft
3-4 chicken breasts cut up into bite size pieces (I defrost in microwave, cut up, and then add to veg in pan and cook together)
1 lb andouille sausage sliced, add to mixture
rice (maybe 4-5 cups, I always guess, and I use instant to speed things up. I put in microwave to cook after I defrost chicken so it's done and ready to dump in when chicken and everything else is done cooking)
Mix all together and add Tony Chackeries seasoning to taste, and a little salt and pepper. Yum!

No comments: